Building on the success of its predecessor (AV-HS400), the Panasonic AV-HS400A offers an array of added powerful features. The multi-format AV-HS400A live switcher is an all-in-one system that easily integrates into existing HD/SD workflows, flawlessly mixing HD and SD video sources. With a built-in MultiViewer (Quad Split) image preview, expandable HD/SD architecture, 3D digital effects and a host of other advanced features, the Panasonic AV-HS400A HD-SDI and SD-SDI Video Switcher provides all the functions you need for superb results.
The Panasonic AV-HS400A Video Switcher's built-in enhanced MultiViewer can output 4, 6, or 10 images from different sources to a single high-resolution display, eliminating the need for multiple HD source and preview monitors. For added creative flexibility, the switcher offers a broad selection of wipe patterns including 3-D digital effects and features a high-quality chroma key for applications such as green screen in broadcast and production.
The Panasonic AV-HS400A Video Switcher's modular architecture comes standard* with four HD/SD-SDI inputs and four HD/SDI outputs and can be expanded to support up to 8 inputs and 8 outputs. The switcher has a built-in, switchable 10-bit frame synchronizer for each input, for glitch-free switching, even with non-synchronous sources such as Blu-Ray DVD players or remote camera feeds (external Genlock synchronization available also).
* Additional input and output cards are available as accessories.
Panasonic AV-HS400A HD-SDI and SD-SDI Video Switcher Features
- Compact design with multi-format compatibility for use in studio or mobile production systems worldwide
- Multi-viewer function allows users to select and arrange each individual split-screen image
- Additional advanced features include picture-in-picture (PIP), luminance key, Aux Bus, downstream key (DSK) functions, flying key, 3D key effects, and a full key for a second moveable PIP
- Designed with workflow-friendly functions including on-screen display of menus, SD Card slot for transferring still images and programmable user buttons
- Up to 43 transition effects, including 3D digital effects with page turns and rotations, as well as standard wipe, squeeze and slide patterns
- Modular interface includes Ethernet, RS-422 remote, Tally output and GPI input
- Reference (black burst) signal outputs are also provided to enable synchronization with external systems
- MultiViewer tools include easier labeling of sources (can use default labels or customize up to 6 characters); label color can be adjusted in shades from full white to black (with removable background bar); adjustable frame border brightness
- Features a separate green frame outline for preset tally in addition to the red-outlined
- MultiViewer's large windows can now display either Aux or Key out, not just preview or program
- Key functions include 3D Key transitions, flying key, and full key for second PiP and many other uses
- Provides joystick camera control of pan/tilt systems
- Expanded graphics functions allow users to import graphics of various formats via Ethernet for fast access to titles and pictures
- Automatic import and sizing of imported TIFF (w/Alpha Channel), PNG (with Alpha Channel), BMP, GIF and JPEG images with HS400 Tool Software