Sound Devices HX-3 Portable, Battery-Powered Headphone Distribution Amplifier.
The compact HX-3 Headphone Distribution Amplifier is the perfect accessory to quickly provide three high-performance stereo headphone feeds with individual level controls from line-level sources. The HX-3 can produce very high headphone levels with extremely low noise and distortion.
HX-3 Key Features
Great for radio, television, film, and music production applications, the battery-powered HX-3 accepts balanced XLR line-level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs. Its 1/4-inch loop-out can connect multiple HX-3's for additional headphone outputs. Headphones are connected to panel-mounted 1/4-inch stereo connectors.
The HX-3 has a durable aluminum chassis to withstand the punishment of field and studio environments. The unit is powered by inexpensive batteries (two-AA) or external 5-18 VDC.
The HX-3 can add headphone outputs to the 552, 302, MixPre-D, MM-1, and USBPre-2.
HX-3 Key Features List
• Three isolated headphone outputs with individual volume controls.
• 125 dB dynamic range with flat frequency response.
• Durable 1/4-inch connectors, panel mounted for strength.
• Stereo or mono monitoring.
• Peak LED indicates headphone overload.
• Two balanced XLR line level inputs or unbalanced 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch stereo inputs.
• Loop Output to connect additional HX-3's in series.
• All-metal connectors solidly mounted to the chassis for durability and RF immunity.
• Free from "Pin-1" grounding problems.
• Internal battery-power for up to 18 hours from two AA alkaline batteries.
• Chassis-isolated 5 to 18 VDC input for easy external DC powering.
• Power LED indicates low battery power.
• High strength, extruded aluminum chassis with protective metal end panels.