Red Digital Cinema DSMC2 Carbon Fiber BRAIN with MONSTRO 8K VV Sensor - PL Mount.
The RED DSMC2 Carbon Fiber BRAIN with MONSTRO 8K VV Sensor - PL Mount is capable of shooting motion and stills in 8K 2.4:1 at up to 75 frames per second (fps), or 8K FF 17:9 at 60 fps. The MONSTRO 8K VV sensor delivers cinematic image quality with 40.96mm x 21.6mm dimensions.
At full 8K resolution, the MONSTRO sensor captures 35.4 Megapixel motion and stills with low noise and now ships with IPP2, RED’s improved image processing pipeline. MONSTRO 8K VV provides an advanced VFX solution with next-level creative flexibility. Blazing-fast 300 MB/s data rates allow you to take advantage of the best possible REDCODE®settings, and record proxy 4K Apple ProRes or 4K Avid DNxHR formats, simultaneously.
As a member of the DSMC2® camera lineup, MONSTRO 8K VV benefits from the advanced modularity of the REDecosystem. Featuring cable-free peripherals, an integrated mounting plate, wireless control, and compatibility with a growing number of DSMC2 modules and accessories. MONSTRO also supports interchangeable OLPFs and lens mounts, empowering you to make the most of all of your VV compatible PL and Canon lenses.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The BRAIN® itself does not have a DC IN power port. A port expander or power module is required to power the camera. To construct a working configuration for any BRAIN, RED recommends an expander, battery, lens mount, display, and media.
- 35.4MP, 40.96 x 21.60mm full-frame CMOS sensor for up to 8K-resolution images
- 17-stop dynamic range, with improved image quality and greater shadow detail
- Multiple capture rates including up to 60 fps 8K, 120 fps in 4K, and 240 fps in 2K full format
- Versatile workflow options with REDCODE RAW, ProRes, and DNx recording
- Lightweight yet sturdy carbon fiber DSMC2 form factor
- Includes a magnesium PL lens mount, Sidekick controller, standard OLPF, and BRAIN case
- Up to 300 MB/s data rates with 480 or 960GB, or 225 MB/s with 120 or 240GB MINI-MAGs
- Compatible with separately available DSMC2 components and accessories