Compact in size, light weight and fully featured, the Canon XF105 Professional Camcorder can be tailored to fit a wide range of individual needs. While sharing many of the capabilities of the Canon XF305 and XF300 Professional Camcorders, including the Canon XF Codec and Compact Flash (CF) recording, the XF105 offers some exciting new features of its own.
Whether used as a companion to the XF305 or XF300 or as a standalone camcorder, the XF105 is geared for a wide range of applications where high image quality, extreme portability, and efficient workflow are of the utmost importance. And with infrared recording and true stereoscopic 3-D production capabilities, the XF105 allows users to explore new creative outlets and emerging markets.
The XF105 utilizes Canon's XF Codec – a file-based MPEG-2 compression with an MXF File Wrapper that ensures the widest compatibility with existing industry infrastructure, metadata and non-linear editing (NLE) systems. The codec's 4:2:2 color sampling provides ultra-fine transitions in tone and color for maintaining the highest image quality needed for advanced post production processing.
The XF105's newly developed Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens along with a Canon native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor delivers exceptional image quality. The XF105 also offers multiple recording bit rates, resolutions and variable frame rates to expand creative flexibility, allowing users to work in virtually any production environment.
Incorporating industry-standard HD-SDI output, genlock input SMPTE time code input/output terminals makes the Canon XF105 perfectly matched for live application and multi-camera shooting.
Canon XF105 HD Camcorder Features
- MPEG-2 4:2:2 50Mbps Codec (Canon XF Codec)
- Record to affordable Compact Flash Cards
- Major NLE Software Compatibility
- Genuine Canon 10x HD Video Lens
- Canon Native 1920 x 1080 CMOS Image Sensor
- Industry Standard HD-SDI Output, Genlock & SMPTE Time Code and Other Terminals
- Multiple Recording Bit Rates, Resolutions, and Variable Frame Rates
- Canon DIGIC DV III Image Processor
- Built-in 3-D Assist Features
- Infrared Recording
- Brilliant Ergonomics
- Large, 3.5-inch, 920,000 Dot LCD Monitor and EVF
- Exceptional Customization
- Audio System