While the PL 85-300 is similar in size and weight as the PL 19-90, its longer focal length makes it ideal for shooting documentaries, nature and wildlife, and car commercials, among other demanding production scenarios. The Fujinon Cabrio 85-300mm T2.9-4 Zoom Lens offers a focal length of 85-218mm at T2.9 and 300mm at T4.0, with 200-degree focus rotation.
Designed using the latest optical simulation technology, the PL 85-300 Cabrio not only offers exceptional optical performance in the center of the image but in the corners of the frame as well. Like the highly acclaimed PL 19-90 Cabrio, the Fujinon Cabrio 85-300mm T2.9-4 Zoom Lens is equipped with the same indispensable features including flange focal distance adjustment, a MOD of 1.2m, a macro function for objects as close as 97cm (38-inches), and covers a 31.5mm diagonal sensor size.
The digital servo’s 16-bit encoding assures operators that all lens data output—such as the position of the zoom, iris, and focus—is extremely accurate and the lens supports Lens Data System (LDS) and /i metadata formats. Like the PL 19-90 Cabrio, the new PL 85-300 features an exclusive detachable servo drive unit, making it suitable for use as a standard PL lens or as an ENG-style lens. And the PL 85-300 can be controlled using cinema industry standard wireless controllers as well as existing Fujinon wired and wireless units.
Fujinon Cabrio 85-300mm T2.9-4 Zoom Lens Specifications
- Mount: PL
- Focal length: 85-300mm
- Zoom range: 3.5x
- Maximum Photometric Aperture T-No.: 1 : 2.9 (85-218mm), 1 : 4.0 (300mm)
- Iris blades: 9
- Focus Rotation (degrees): 200
- Zoom Rotation (degrees): 120
- M.O.D. from image plane 1.2m (3.9')
- Object dimensions at M.O.D. 85 mm (274 × 154 mm), 300 mm (79 × 44 mm)
- Angular field of view 85 mm (18°21′×10°23′),300 mm (5°14′×2°57′)
- Filter thread 112.5mm (127mm on lens hood thread)
- Outer diameter 114mm
- Length 249mm (9.8")
- Weight 3.0 kg with Drive (6.6lbs), 2.5 kg without Drive (5.5lbs)